Customer will often encounter issues where Solid State Drives (SSD) will need to be replaced and inserted in order to fix any drive issues on UBWeb.
All PA Cache versions 5.7.0 and above running UBWeb.
- Stop the PA Cache service to cease all I/O activity on the SSD disks through the following command:
# oper service stop
- Physically remove the old SSD(s) from the Cache Engine.
- Physically insert the new SSD(s) from the Cache Engine.
- Create a new virtual drive using the LSI MegaRAID Storage Manager on the Cache Engine. For detailed instructions on how to perform this procedure please refer to Chapter 13 - UBWeb Installation of the attached UltraBand - 5.7 Maintenance Guide.
- Format the newly inserted SSD(s) on the Cache Engine through the following command:
# /opt/pang/bin/ssd_auto_install.sh -f
- Verify the newly inserted SSD(s) on the Cache Engine is available through the following command:
- Start the PA Cache service to restart I/O activity on the SSD disks through the following command:
# oper service start
The new/replaced SSD should now be displayed as available for use on PA Cache with UBWeb and not show any new alerts.