There are times when you want to reboot a Lithium node, like an RTR, but cannot reach it via SSH as it does not work for the OAM IP. This article provides information on how to reboot a Lithium node, in such a case, by connecting to the iLO IP address on the same node via SSH.
- Power on and power off the server.
- Restart the server.
- Monitor the server, regardless of the state of the server’s operating system.
- Measure power usage.
- Apply patches, firmware updates, and critical virus updates through virtual media and virtual folders.
- Access system event logs and the HP Integrated Management Log.
To reboot the server via iLO, please follow the steps below.
- Request the iLO IP address.
- SSH into iLO via jumpoff server (mbpe-customer) or another VPN / remote access method.
- Execute the
power resetcommand to reboot the server.
</>hpiLO-> power reset
Mon Sep 30 23:39:27 2019
Server resetting .......You can follow boot messages via the serial console using the
textcons(subject to license) commands.
Once the node is accessible again via the OAM IP, verify the process by following the procedure below.
- Run the following commands as the textpass user.
$ tp_walk smsCounters | grep -v ": 0"
$ tail -f /var/log/messages
- Run a health-check using
lnxcfgtool as the root user by selecting 4. System Health Check.
1. Network Configuration
2. Switch Configuration
3. Disk Configuration
4. System Health Check
- Check the output for possible hardware issues.