When you try to use the Remote Support Application (TeamViewer) that is installed in the base image of your device, you might receive the following error although there is no problem with your Internet connection (the web pages can be accessed via device browser):
Not ready. Please check your connection
Hereinbelow you will find the reason why the TeamViewer connection issue occurs and how to resolve it.
This issue occurs in the following scenarios:
- When there is indeed a network problem.
- When there are no network problems, but the installed version of the Remote Support Application (TeamViewer) in your device is not supported. (The TeamViewer version 7 and below are not being supported anymore. For more details on the end of support of the older TeamViewer versions, please review this Update Announcement)
- Access to the device's Software
To solve the "Not ready. Please check your connection" error, please complete the following steps, depending on the case:
In the case there are network problems:
- If there are some problems besides the TeamViewer issue like the Wi-Fi connection keeps dropping, or device is connected network but there is no internet, or you are unable to connect to the network or hotspot, you should follow the steps indicated in the Troubleshooting Common Windows 10 WiFi Problems KB Article.
In the case there are not network problems:
- If you confirm that there are no network problems, please download the TeamViewer 13 installer package and install it on the affected device.
Once the network problems are solved and the TeamViewer 13 is installed in the device, the error will disappear from the Remote connection App.