Hereinbelow you will find the steps to determine if you've got to contact support for a new RMA case when the Touch2 or tablet device stopped working or is inoperative.
- The USB ports stopped working one day and you suspect there is a Hardware error.
- The battery is not working and you suspect there is a Hardware error.
- You execute all the troubleshooting steps and the device is still malfunctioning.
- Having access to the device's Software.
- Having access to the device's Hardware
At times, there are hardware issues or more ingrained software issues that require re-imaging of the device or fixing the hardware components. For such issues, an RMA (Return Merchandise Authorization) request ticket needs to be filed.
The RMA process takes approximately one month (depending on your location) for the new device to reach its new destination. If the reported issue is related to your own computer or caused by other issues unrelated to the device itself, then the new device will have the same issue and the problem will remain.
If you have another device where we can test, this is a good moment to let us know. If the second device presents the same behavior, then most likely, there is no need to perform the RMA process.
Filing an RMA request should be done only after All possible troubleshooting attempts.
Troubleshooting USB Ports
There are cases where USB ports fail, and the correct troubleshooting techniques must be followed to diagnose the cause of the problem. Nevertheless, we should be completely sure that the device has a hardware issue and not a fixable software problem. The information below will help you diagnose USB issues.
If the USB is visibly broken (hardware), you do not need to troubleshoot the problem; file an RMA ticket.
You must confirm that it is visibly broken by providing us with a picture of the faulty USB port.
To determine if there is a software or hardware problem, check all the details described in the USB ports are unable to read/write phones article.
Troubleshooting Battery Issues
- If the reason for an RMA is a battery issue, please follow the steps on this article to troubleshoot battery malfunctions: Battery Does Not Charge or Runs Out Quickly
- If there is a problem with the Power Supply (or Power Cord) instead of a damaged battery, proceed with the RMA Request.
Other RMA Cases
If you are working with a Touch 1 device, contact your Customer Success Manager. These devices got their EOL (End Of Life) cycle, so we do not cover these devices under the RMA process anymore.
Create a Support Ticket with the following information:
What kind of RMA is this?
- What organization do you belong to?
Who should we contact in case of problems?
Provide the full name of the contact on-site in case our shipping agency needs to get in touch. If the RMA is for SFR, you need to provide the Store name, the Point of Sale, and your name.
What is your contact email?
Automatic shipping notifications will be sent to this email.
- What is your destination address?
- What is your destination country?
- What is the contact number?
What is (are) the serial number(s) of the device(s) that need to be replaced?
If there are multiple serial numbers, separate them by a comma (e.g., 712345, 712346).
If the device’s destination is outside of the US, enter the company’s VAT.
This is required for international shipments. If you do not provide the VAT, your request will be rejected. For US shipments, disregard this information.
- Why is the RMA being requested?
- How many devices or cables need to be replaced?
- Any other information regarding the case that you consider we should know. (Optional)
Once the RMA information is provided in a request, a Customer Support Rep. will work on the ticket and will get in contact with you to provide you with information about the request.
- Recovery process
- Refresh the License
- USB ports are unable to read/write phones
- Battery Does Not Charge or Runs Out Quickly