If your devices are not found when performing a transfer, or you get slow transfers during the transfer process, you might be experiencing an incompatibility of phones with Mobilogy software. In this article, we will learn topics like the supported devices, what to do when the transfer feature is not working or getting frozen, and how to accomplish a reset to defaults procedure when you have tried all the aforementioned options.
There are some scenarios where you can use this article:
- When the device is not transferring due to incompatibilities with the phone(s) you are using.
- When the data transfer feature is not working.
- When there is Software corruption that avoids regular functioning of the device.
- When you are unable to transfer from iPhone 11 or IOS 13 devices.
- When you are unable to transfer from or to an encrypted iOS device on Mobilogy Desktop
- Having access to the software.
- Having access to the device's hardware (In case a Recovery to factory defaults is needed)
Before step into the most common cases related to a failed transfer, make sure you have updated your software to the latest version. For more information, you can take a look at the Updating Software to the Latest Version article.
In this section, we will be explaining some of the different cases that you can find when treating to make a transfer and there are problems.
Case 1: Is the Phone Supported?
- The first step to check is if the device is supported or not. For more information, please take a look at the article Supported Phones / Devices List.
- If the device is not supported, you must check the Requesting a New Feature or Enhancement KB Article. You can request a new phone to be supported using such an article.
- If the device is supported, you can proceed with the information below.
Case 2: Data Transfer Feature is Not Working
If data transfer does not work for any phones at all or the Transfer feature is disabled, then you have a general problem affecting the entire Transfer feature. You can follow this article to fix the Transfer service: Data Transfer Feature is Not Working
Case 3: Recovery Process
Mobilogy devices have built-in recovery feature which provides users with the ability to quickly recover their operating system (OS) back to the factory default settings in case of a fatal OS error or a critical application failure. This article explains how to complete a successful reset to factory defaults. For more information, please take a look at the Recovery Process KB article.
Case 4: Unable to transfer from iPhone 11 or IOS 13 Devices
This article provides the steps on how to resolve errors related to transfers and compatibility with iOS 13 (iPhone 11).
The problems solved by this guide are the following:
- iPhone devices do not transfer data between them.
- App does not recognize any iPhone 11 or IOS 13 Device.
- When I try to transfer from or to an iPhone 11 or iOS 13, the transfer does not complete.
- The error: Cannot write to phone memory when transferring contacts (or other types of transfer, even iPhone full transfers) from an iPhone 11 or an iPhone running iOS 13.
For more information, please take a look at the Unable to transfer from iPhone 11 or IOS 13 Devices KB article.
Case 5: Unable to transfer an encrypted iOS device on Mobilogy Desktop
This article explains what to do when an encrypted iOS device causes an error message in when performing a transfer. For more information, please take a look at the Unable to transfer an encrypted iOS device KB Article.
After you apply any of these articles properly, you should be able to achieve a successful transfer. Once the transfer is performed, you will receive a screen like this one:
(Take into consideration that the screen will show the content types you chose to transfer)