You want to install iTunes because you had errors with previous iTunes versions and you want to start over from the scratch installing the original supported iTunes version (126.96.36.199).
- Having access to the device's Software.
- Internet access.
This guide can be applied in the following scenario(s):
- You don't know how to install iTunes in your system.
- You need to re-install iTunes in your system
- You need to verify the version, to check if the version installed in your system is correct for the data transfers.
- You had problems with a newer version of iTunes due to lack of compliance and you decided to uninstall it and start over from an older version.
To install the iTunes software in your system, please follow these steps:
Download the iTunes installer
Although it’s designed by Apple, iTunes runs just fine on a Windows PC. To install iTunes on a PC, start at downloading the package for the free iTunes 188.8.131.52 using this link.
Run the iTunes installer
Double-click the iTunes-184.108.40.206.exe file to install iTunes. At the Welcome screen, click the Next button. The installer displays the License Agreement dialog box.
Click the option to accept the terms of the License Agreement, and then click Next.
You can scroll down to read Apple’s License Agreement. You must choose to accept the agreement or the installer goes no further. After clicking Next (which is active only if you accept), the installer displays the installation options.
Choose iTunes installation options.
You can turn the following options on or off: (a) Add iTunes and QuickTime Shortcuts to My Desktop and (b) Use iTunes as the Default Player for Audio Files.
Choose the language iTunes should use.
The default language is English (U.S.). If you want to use a different language, select one from the drop-down list.
Choose the destination folder for iTunes.
By default, the installer assumes that you want to store the program in the Program Files folder of your C: drive. If you want to use a different folder, click Change to use Windows Explorer to locate the desired folder.
Click Install to finish.
After you click Install, the installer finishes the installation and displays the Complete dialog box. Click Finish.
Restarting your Windows PC after installing software is always a good idea.
Once you install the iTunes software, you can check the version by following these steps:
You need to access the properties of the main executable by following these steps:
- Open Windows Explorer in Windows 10.
- Navigate to the location where the application is installed. (It should be C:\Program Files\iTunes)
- Locate the main executable ("iTunes.exe").
- Right-click on it and then select Properties.
- In the Properties window, go to the Details tab.
There you will find information about the product version and thus, you can verify if it is in the approved 220.127.116.11 version.
If you still get errors while trying to make a transfer, execute the recovery procedure, and then download the latest version of the Mobilogy software and install it in your system.
- Error Messages When Installing iTunes
- Unable to Transfer from iPhone 11 or IOS 13 Devices
- Unable to transfer an encrypted iOS device on Mobilogy Desktop