In some cases, a survey is edited and a question is removed from it. However, reports for that survey keep showing answers and scoring for the removed question.
These steps can reproduce the described behavior:
- Create and publish a survey.
- Invite end customers to answer the survey.
- After some responses have been collected, edit the survey, and remove a question.
- Go to a report that shows the survey questions (e.g. Survey Question Results) and confirm that the question is there.
This is not a bug but expected behavior. ResponseTek stores all answers, and when a question is removed from a survey that has already been answered, the answers are not deleted. Therefore, you may need to change the time period filter in the report to show answers only after the date of the change.
If you still want all answers for the removed question to be deleted so you do not need to change the period, please fill in a request with your account manager.
In case you keep receiving answers to a question that has been removed, check if the following actions have been taken:
- Remove the question from both the web and SMS surveys.
- Remove the question for all languages it is available.
- Publish the survey.
If all these actions have been taken and you keep receiving answers to the removed question, please raise a support ticket.