Users can be unable to log in to the reporting portal (eManager) for different reasons. This article shows the most common ones and what can be done in each situation.
In order to narrow down what is preventing you from logging in, check which message is shown after you enter your credentials and hit the Login button:
- "Incorrect Username or Password. Please use the “Forgot your Password” link below": This message indicates that the credentials are invalid.
- "The account is not accessible from your current location.": This message indicates that you are accessing the portal from a different place than what you were supposed to do.
- No message is shown: this may indicate that your browser is not supported.
The solution to be applied will depend on what is causing the error. Please check below the solutions to the issue found in the Diagnosis section. If none of these solves the problem, raise a support ticket so the issue can be further investigated.
If the portal is not recognizing the credentials you have input, there may be two reasons:
- The credentials are not valid: please check if your username and password are correct and if you have not activated the CAPS LOCK key inadvertently.
The credentials are valid but your user is locked: users get locked in two situations:
Too many login attempts: you have attempted too many times and your user has exceeded the maximum number of attempts and was locked. If this is the case:
- Click the Forgot your password link.
- If your username is correct, you will receive an email with a new temporary password so you can attempt to log back in.
- Copy the temporary password from the email and paste it when requested. Make sure that there are no spaces or any extra characters added to the password field when copying/pasting the new temporary password.
- If your temporary password is correct, you will be asked to provide a new permanent password.
Your user has been intentionally locked: if you are suddenly unable to log in, even without having tried to do that so many times, your account may have been manually locked. Contact your manager or admin to understand if that was the case. In case nobody is unable to unlock your account, a support ticket can be created asking to unlock the account.
Note: In some organizations, only authorized users can make such requests to the support team. Check if this is the case before creating the ticket.
- Too many login attempts: you have attempted too many times and your user has exceeded the maximum number of attempts and was locked. If this is the case:
It is usual for companies to restrict where the reporting portal can be accessed. For example, they may want employees to access it only from the corporate network. However, there may be some exceptions, as some employees may need to work from home, while travelling, or from any other place. If this is the case, file a ticket to the support team asking them to whitelist your user so that the portal can be accessed anywhere.
When you face this issue, you can:
- Check if the browser you are using is part of the list of supported browsers.
- Try to log in using a different browser from that list.
- If you are able to access the portal from another browser, check with your IT support if there is any restriction to the first browser.
- If the issue persists and your IT support is unable to help, create a support ticket so that the issue can be analyzed. Please include this information:
- User name
- Name and version of the attempted browsers
- Which browsers worked and which did not
- The position of your IT support
- If this is an issue that affects only this user or all users
- If this issue has always happened to this user or if it started after some change
After applying the recommended solutions or having the support ticket solved, you should be able to successfully log in to the reporting portal.