People responsible for producing invitation files may need information about how those files must look like to be successfully processed. Metadata such as a list of fields, which of them are required, what is the format expected, and so on. This article will help get this information.
Part of the details to get an invitation file properly filled can be obtained without having to ask for help from the support team. This can be achieved by downloading a template file. These are the steps to do that:
- Log in to the Survey Manager.
- Go to the Survey Library.
- Find the survey you want to import invitations to.
- Click Configuration Settings - Standard Invitation Management. This option may take a while to appear.
- In the window that will open, fill in the Import Task (there will hardly be more than one option), and the Language.
- A link will appear for you to download the template file. Click on it and download the template.
- The template is a CSV file. Open it with a text editor instead of Excel:
By downloading the template, you will find out:
- Which fields are expected
- The order they must be in
- What is the separator (e.g. comma, pipe, semicolon)
In case you need to know anything else, such as the format dates should be written in, or which fields are mandatory, please open a support ticket.
In order to get more information about the import configuration, follow these steps:
- Find out what is the environment used by the customer.
- Get the IP of the primary IIS server. Open a remote desktop connection with it.
- Go to D:\SrvApps\Applications\bat. Open the customer folder.
- Look for a file with the following naming pattern: [customer]_[solution]_Invitation.bat.
- Right-click the file and choose Edit.
- Look for the EIEF folder with the configurations:
- Open the folder where the file indicated above is located. In this case, it would be D:\SrvApps\app-configs\EIEF\clients\[customer]\Customer_Service.
- Search for a file with a name like Invitation-import-validations.xml.
- Look for the field validators:
- Send to the customer a list with the fields, if they are required or not, and what rules apply to each one.