When using the Action Manager to create new actions, you may encounter the following error message at the moment you save them: "There was an error while processing your request".
Since this is a very generic message, here are some things you can try before creating a support ticket:
- Log out from the portal and log back in, and try to save an action again.
- Try using a different browser.
- Try using an incognito or private browser window.
- Check if other users are facing the same issue.
- If possible, log in to the portal with your user from another computer and try to save the action there.
If you are still facing the issue after having performed the steps above, please collect some logs by executing the procedure described here: How to generate network captures for troubleshooting. After that, please open a support ticket and include:
- Your username
- Everything you have done based on the list above
- If any other user is experiencing the problem
- The network capture you have got
The support team will analyze all this information and get back to you.
There is no known solution for this issue. Therefore, you will need to use your troubleshooting skills to:
- Try to reproduce the error with your user.
- Impersonate the affected user and try to reproduce again.
- Analyze the network captures and any other information provided by the customer.
If you are unable to reproduce the issue and cannot find anything meaningful in the logs, ask the customer to book a screen-sharing session so you can see if they are doing something different. As a last resource, escalate the issue to the next level for further investigation.
When the issue is solved, you must be able to save a new action successfully.