When a user is having problems logging in to ResponseTek, the natural first step is to search for the user account in order to check if everything is configured as expected (e.g. the account is not locked, disabled, has access to at least one solution, and so on). If you are unable to find the user account, this article may help you to do that.
This is what you need to do:
- Log in to the User Manager.
- On the initial screen, fill in the fields to search for the user using the information you have about them:
- If the search returns no results, mark the options Show Locked Only and Show Disabled Users Only. Try each option separately.
- When you find the user you are searching for, you can then proceed to edit it or check its settings.
If even following the steps above you are unable to locate a user, please open a support ticket and include as much information as you have about it, such as name, username, email address, and so on.
In case you receive a ticket about a customer not being able to find a user, try to find it first using the CSS Tool. Once you find it, proceed with these steps:
- Check if the information passed by the customer matches what is in the system. If there is some discrepancy (e.g. a misspelled name or wrong email address), inform the customer about it on the ticket.
- Try to find the same user in the User Manager using the data available in the CSS Tool. Pay attention to the flags that determine if locked and disabled users will be returned. If you are also unable to locate the user even using the proper data, raise a Jira ticket to the Engineering team.
If you are unable to find the user in the CSS Tool, inform the customer that no user matches the provided data.