When logging in to the reporting portal (eManager), users may receive the following error message: "Please select Solution from Executive Overview!".
The same error is thrown when agents impersonate a user.
This article provides the steps to fix this error.
This error occurs when a user does not have any solutions that they are allowed to access. Solutions are assigned either to a role or directly to the users. Please check the steps below to know how to solve this issue:
- Log in to the reporting portal (eManager).
- Go to Tools - User Manager.
<supportagent>As an agent, you can impersonate a user with access to the User Manager instead of following this path.</supportagent>
- Search for the user using the available filters.
- Once you find the user, click Edit.
- Click on Solution Restriction.
- Check the Role Level column. It will show which solutions this user is allowed to access based on their roles.
- Check the Access column. For each solution, it allows you to specify if the role setting will be followed or overwrite it with a specific setting for this user. Check which solutions this user is allowed to access based on their role or in a specific setting. At this point, the user should not have access to any solution. If they have access to a solution and are still facing the error, open a support ticket.
- Assign one or more solutions to him by:
- Changing the list of solutions one or more of their roles can access
- Assigning a role to the user that is allowed to access some solution
- Checking the Allow option on the Access column to override the role configuration and let the user access the solution.
- After making the user able to access some solution, click Save.
Impersonate the modified user and check that they can now use the reporting portal (eManager).
Ask the affected user to log in again in the reporting portal (eManager) and check if the error is gone.