Article Original Creation Date: 2012-03-30
This article describes how to import Data models in SG4.1.3 as an example; in SG4.1.3 there are no Data Models yet imported like in SG4.2.
- One has to overcome a few hurdles to start uploading the different needed Data Models in this example. The basic needed Data Model is:
TCH TG789nv2 8.4.3.W IGD to import that Data Model 8 other related Data Model uploads are needed.
All mentioned files can be downloaded from Broadband Forum CPE WAN Management Protocol (CWMP) Data Models.
Before the upload of the
tr-069-biblio and tr-069-1-0-0 xmlfiles can take place, an
extra cwmp-datamodel-1-4.xmlfile needs to be placed in the:
-rw-r--r-- 1 root root 2650 Jun 30 2010 cwmp-devicetype-features.xsd
-rw-r--r-- 1 root root 24739 Jun 30 2010 cwmp-devicetype-1-0.xsd
-rw-r--r-- 1 root root 6119 Jun 30 2010 cwmp-datamodel-report.xsd
-rw-r--r-- 1 root root 61730 Jun 30 2010 cwmp-datamodel-1-2.xsd
-rw-r--r-- 1 root root 61044 Jun 30 2010 cwmp-datamodel-1-1.xsd
-rw-r--r-- 1 root root 60647 Jun 30 2010 cwmp-datamodel-1-0.xsd
-rw-r--r-- 1 root root 621 Mar 29 13:52 catalog.xml.bak
-rw-r--r-- 1 root root 63147 Mar 29 13:53 cwmp-datamodel-1-4.xml
-rw-r--r-- 1 root root 704 Mar 29 13:55 catalog.xml
and inserted in the
catalog.xmlfile within the above-mentioned directory like this:
After the above changes, we can start uploading first the TCH TG789nv2 8.4.3.W IGD data model via the GUI>Configuration>Data Model Definitions> New.
After the upload, select the import tab of that data model and it will show you what else needs to be imported:
- Follow these instructions by downloading from Broadband Forum CPE WAN Management Protocol (CWMP) Data Models the right Data Model definitions and upload them in the SG GUI described above.
In this particular example we need in total 8 extra definitions to upload:
- In some cases you may notice an error when uploading like: 'Content not allowed line 1' or similar, for that you need to edit the XML file and delete the shown lines in black:
- When all needed definitions are uploaded and you select the import tab again on the first definition, you get a selection screen like this:
- Select the internet gateway device that shows in the dropdown list and hit Import Model:
- After the successful import, go to Configuration> Data Models and select the Data Model drop-down list and scroll to the bottom to select the new imported Data Model: