Article Original Creation Date: 2012-05-09
The Application server is not able to connect to the Database server.
Above error usually comes when the weblogic server is not able to connect/ping datasource configured database. Below are few points to check to avoid this kind of errors:
1. Check the datasource parameters like db url and query to test the database is up or not.
2. Check from the server machine the DB host is ping-able or not. If not add the defined db hostname and ip address to the hosts file in the server.
3. Check whether there is any N/W outage is there or not.
4. Check whether the DB is up and Running or not.
5. Check the servers N/w adapters are online and ready to accept and send requests. If you find problem restart the network adapter and check once again.
6. If all above does not solve the problem then restart the managed server hardware and check.