You may encounter an issue where your server's IP addresses are registered as an attack source on one or more different sites.
This issue may be due to the fact that someone is using your IP address for their own personal usage.
To solve this issue please create a support ticket and an agent will help you out.
When you receive a similar problem please follow these steps:
- Apply Iptables on the customer's system by following the steps in the article Apply Iptables on Host and Guest machine. That will allow accessing only from the source of the customer's network and PeerApp VPN IPs
- Ask the customer to restrict management IP inbound access via ACL on their router. That will add an additional security layer.
- Ask the customer to restrict SSH access that will avoid Malicious Botnet scanning, brute force, and dictionary attempts reaching their server.
- The address ranges from which PeerApp requests access are:
b. 184.108.40.206. Provide the customer with the remote access requirement guide
- Inform the customer that they may allow only required ports which you can be found in this document.