You are looking to update or upgrade your PeerApp system to the latest or a newer version.
System updates/upgrades are done by the PeerApp L2 Support team but with the customer responsibility as outlined below:
- Download the ISO image and burn the installation media on a 16GB USB drive or larger and insert it into the server back-side USB port. Reference the attached steps on Creating PeerApp Installation Media. PeerApp support team will provide the download URL for the latest ISO image (OS) along with any applicable system application patches.
- Download the applicable system application patches and upload them to the server.
- Schedule a suitable Maintenance Window as the update/upgrade process requires a minimum of 4 hours of downtime.
- Inform the PeerApp support team when the USB drive is connected to PeerApp Server and ready for the upgrade procedure.
Method of procedure (MOP) when upgrading PeerApp
The high-level upgrade steps to be executed by a PeerApp L2 support agent:
- Verify the above prerequisite steps have been carried out accordingly by the customer.
- Backup graphs history, policy manager, cluster configuration file, and license file.
- Boot server from USB and reinstall system.
- Restore configuration and graphs on the system.
- Upgrade the system with the downloaded system application patch.
- Start the service and verify everything is working properly.
According to the PeerApp: Routing Table, Ticket Triage and Escalation Paths article, the upgrade steps documented in PeerApp: Applying UltraBand Upgrade Package should be executed by an L2 agent.