This article guides on how to generate Application and System logs from the Windows Event Logs, used for troubleshooting purposes.
- Microsoft Windows
To generate these logs, you will need to export a .evtx file with Display Information. Here are the steps:
- Open the Event Viewer (eventvwr.msc)
- Locate the log to be exported (Windows Logs > Application, and System) in the left-hand column
- Right-click the name of the log and select Save All Events As…
- Enter a file name that includes the log type and the server it was exported from
For example, when exporting the Application event log from a server named HV01, enter Application_HV01
- In Save as type, select Event Files
- Include display information.
- Be sure to include the LocaleMetaData folder when packaging logs for upload
Please package all files into a single .zip archive to share with the support agent, as requested.