This article provides information on creating Linux and MGR GUI users, managing accounts, and changing passwords on SMSC.
- For SSH access, the procedure for user creation for RHEL and changing passwords follows the standard of the Red Hat user management theory, which can be found in the CHAPTER 4. MANAGING USERS AND GROUPS article.
- A textpass user is mandatory for the SMSC operation.
An example to create a user with root privileges: useradd -m -G root <username>
- For the HP iLO, please refer to the corresponding HPE documentation.
Creating a new user for this platform is a task that can only be achieved by an Administrator of the platform.
To create a new user for the MGR GUI, complete the following steps:
Login to MGR GUI with an Administrator user. The URL for this portal will look like the following:
From the Navigation bar on the left, go to Settings -> User Admin -> User(s).
Click on “Add New” as shown in the snapshot below:
- Enter the user’s Information:
- Enter a unique log-in ID for the user in the Login box.
- Optionally, enter a description of the device in the Description box.
- In the Lines Per Page box, set the number of lines that the user will see on each page (default is
- In the User Password box, enter a password for the user.
- Retype the password in the Confirm Password box.
- Select a group for the user from the User Group list.
- Select the user’s default domain from the Default Domains list.
- Select the user’s default view from the View Level list.
- Select a date and time format for the user from the Date Format list.
- Click Save.
Once the new user has been added, it should be visible in the User(s) Page as shown below. The yellow light below shows that the User is “Active”.
You can refer to the MGR Operator Manual (chapter 16.3 - User Administration) for more information.