You would like to troubleshoot why disk space is almost full on the LGP cloud server. You are also seeing MySQL activity in the /tmp folder
It is recommended that MySQL queries/scripts are not done on the LGP server itself such as for data mining or post-log processing
MySQL queries use temporary tables which creates temporary files in the process under /tmp directory.
You can run the following command to confirm the location of the MySQL temporary directory.
[root@testvm ~]# mysqladmin --login-path=mysql_root var | grep tmpdir | innodb_tmpdir | slave_load_tmpdir | /data/mysql_tmp | tmpdir | /data/mysql_tmp
In case the temporary directory (tmpdir) is not set to /data/mysql_tmp as indicated above, you can consider the following steps to change it:
- Login as textpass user and stop LGP processes
- Change to root user and stop MySQL server
service mysql stop
- Create and set the tmpdir in /etc/my.cnf under the section [mysqld] (if not set).
tmpdir = /data/mysql_tmp
- Create the tmpdir
mkdir -p /data/mysql_tmp
chmod 777 /data/mysql_tmp/
- Set directory permissions
chown -R mysql /data/mysqldata
chgrp -R mysql /data/mysqldat
- Start MySQL server
service mysql start
- Change to textpass user and start LGP processes