You are going to integrate MMSC and OCS in a lab/pre-live or production environment.
You may require the detailed Method of Procedure (MOP) to configure the OCS connection to MMSC while ensuring credit deduction is working properly and also require clarification on what configuration changes are required on the SendMail application.
Please contact NewNet support and provide the following information:
- Information about the live OCS nodes -
- Destination Host
- Destination Realm
- Destination Service Context
- Are there any changes in the Origin Host, Origin Realm?
Based on the above, the custom MOP will be provided through the ticket, including the procedure to configure Sendmail on p2p to correctly forward MM4.
The integration is likely to be done in 3 steps:
- Configure all the new OCS nodes and charging stacks and create a temporary rating rule which will route charging requests to the new OCS for a limited range of test subscribers only. The rest of the subscribers will be charged using the current configuration.
- Test new OCS with test subscribers.
- Change the rating rule to route all charging requests to the new OCS.
Agents only - Once you have all the requisite information from the customer, please escalate the same to BU.