You may encounter a queuesLowLoad trap on an LGP node, with an error message similar to the below:
snmptrapd: 13:55:04 TRAP6.TEXTPASS-LGP-MIB::queuesLowLoad TEXTPASS-GEN-MIB::deviceType.0 = STRING
You may wish to know under what conditions is this trap outputted.
- Please note that this trap is simply an information alarm. Its impact is that it could ultimately cause the system logging to be out of sync.
- The conditions under which this alarm/trap is triggered are not fixed (static), as they depend on total traffic, pending files, speed of loading etc. that varies across customer systems.
- This trap/alarm occurs when there are too many files to load and the speed of loading is slower than an internally calculated average. Normally this alarm does not persist for a long time and gets cleared once the pending files are loaded.
- If you wish to know where the files waiting to be loaded are stored, the location by default is /var/TextPass/LGP and can be configured using the parameter lgplocallogdir (section 18.104.22.168 on page 50 of the attached manual).
- Note that files are only temporarily stored in this directory, till the time they are loaded.
- If you wish to understand more specific conditions under which this alarm is being triggered, please contact support and we can prepare for you a monitoring script whereby we can correlate the number of pending files at the exact time at which the trap occurs, along with some resource utilization data.
<supportagent>If a customer wishes to know more specific conditions by which the alarm is triggered, they may raise a support ticket. This problem will be solved by the ZTPS. Follow the instructions in this article in order to escalate to the ZTPS team. You may bring to the attention of the ZTPS team this JIRA where such a request was previously handled: ZTPS-19041 </supportagent>