When there is an interface or connection failure, the MMS will be queuing in the system until the connection is back to normal. You may want to configure a queue size threshold value and receive a notification for checking the system when the threshold is exceeded.
The first thing you need to do is configure the queue size threshold. To accomplish that, follow these steps:
- Open the MMSC GUI (http://<MMSC GUI IP>:8080/MMS/Entity.do).
- Navigate to Entities under Components.
- Specify the threshold value on the Alarm Queue Size field.
- Click Save.
After that, if the threshold is exceeded, the system will send an alarm notification, which will be delivered according to the system properties:
- If the SNMP trap is configured, Mercury will send an SNMP trap.
- If email alerts are configured, Mercury will send email alerts as well. The email alerts can be configured in the MMS admin GUI on Config Parameters.