After creating a new SMSC account on cloud, when 3rd party started sending traffic applicationOutsideCapacityUsageAtShrinking error appeared and the traffic started getting blocked.
- Whenever you create an SMS Application, there are parameters to limit AO and AT traffic, towards or from the Application.
- Check the logs and see if an error similar to the one given below appears: applicationOutsideCapacityUsageAt.259 = Gauge32: XX - where XX is 100 or very close to it
- This would mean that the AT traffic on this Outside connection is reaching max configured capacity.
- Please note that AT traffic on Outside connection mean Deliver-SM's being sent from the SMSC towards the Application. It can be real messages (MO-AT flow) or DeliverReport coming back from messages originated by the Application (AO-MT flow).
- The alarm - applicationOutsideCapacityUsageAtShrinking - is actually a CLEAR trap and not an alarm itself. It means the AT traffic on this Outside Connection is shrinking (going down), and is now off from warning levels.
- Go to SMS Applications > Applications.
- Review AT throughput configured for this Application, and adjust as needed. Below is an example -