You have an automated report that is scheduled for daily delivery (eg: Auto Test reports, Daily Call History Report) but some days the report is late and other days the report is not delivered at all. You would like to have the missing report delivered to you and measures put in place to ensure that the report does not fail.
Volt Delta uses Microsoft SQL Server Reporting Services (SSRS) to generate its reports. If there are too many reports running at the same time, reports can be delayed or a deadlock can occur that causes the report to fail. If you believe that this may be the case for your report, contact Support with details on the report and the issues you are experiencing in receiving it. A member of the Support team will investigate the issue and advise you if the timing of the report needs to be adjusted to avoid this issue.
Follow the Volt Delta Routing Table to escalate to an L2 for investigation.
Troubleshooting the email sending
The hosted email system might have had an issue with sending emails. We are using AWS.
To troubleshoot sending report emails the traces of the report server on uk2-o11-lds365a.hseu.local have to be inspected.
Traces are available in C:\Program Files\Microsoft SQL Server\MSRS13.MSSQLSERVER\Reporting Services\LogFiles. Search for a ReportProcessingException to find errors regarding email sending.
3 retry-attempts are configured before the system considers the sending a fail.
Manually sending the Report
If the customer is asking whether the report can be sent out again (eg: on the same day), follow these steps once it is confirmed that the email sending works correctly:
- Connect using RDP to the Reporting Server in the CRM 365 environment (eg: uk2-o11-lds365a). For further connection details see Local Distribution Server 365 (LDS) in the Volt Delta UK Server Information article)
- Open Internet Explorer and navigate to http://localhost/reports/browse/TelecareAppello_MSCRM/CustomReports
- Find the report. This can be done either using the Search (upper right corner) or by switching the View to "List" to have the report descriptions shown (once report identified, switch back to the Tiles View)
- Click on the three dots next to the name of the report and select Manage
- In the left column select Caching
- Select "Create a cache snapshot when I click Apply on this page" and press the "Apply" button.