You are running an SQL query to generate a report on your Volt Delta UK database but data you expect to be in the database is missing (like all data missing after a specific date).
If your SQL query results are missing data that should be in the database (like all data missing after a specific date), please open a Volt Delta UK Support ticket and include the following information:
- The SQL query you are running on the Volt Delta UK database.
- The name of the Volt Delta UK database server you are connecting to run your SQL query.
For Support Agents Only:
Once you have the required SQL query from the customer, you will need to verify that the databases on the Call Information Server (CIS) in the Acton and Slough data centers are out of sync. Please note that the appropriate database to check will depend on the customer who raised this ticket as shown in the following list:
- MigrantHelp UK - Oasis_UMIS
- Appello - Telecare_UMIS
Volt Delta uses a mirrored database setup with replication between the two nodes (hosted in two separate data centers). When reports or queries are run in they are generally load balanced between the databases.
For each CIS server in the Acton and Slouch data centers you will need to do the following:
- RDP into the CIS Server.
- Open the Microsoft SQL Server Management Studio by going to Start Button > Microsoft SQL Server 2008 R2.
- Log into the Microsoft SQL Server.
- Run the customer's SQL query on the customer's database.
Compare the results of the SQL query, if the data is significantly different then it is most likely an issue with replication not running correctly resulting in on database missing data that can be found in the other database. To verify that replication is not working correctly. you will need to do the following on each CIS server in the Acton and Slough datacenters:
- In Microsoft SQL Server Management Studio, open the Replication > Local Publications.
- Right-click on the publication for the customer's database and select Replication Monitor.
- When the Replication Monitor window opens, take a look at the Publications tab, if replication is working correctly the publication for the customer's database should have a Status of OK and Subscriptions with a value of 1.
If the publication for the customer's database is not working correctly, you will need to open a Saas Incident ticket as described in the Volt Delta UK Routing Table with the information from the customer and Microsoft SQL Server Management Studio.